So, I found this recipe here while looking for a chicken recipe for the family. We recently moved in with the in-laws for a couple of months while an in-law suite is being built. I wanted to make something that would be delicious because it’s always nice to impress the in-laws. Following is what I did, as I skipped a lot out of the original recipe.
Crescent Roll Casserole
2 cans (8oz each) of crescent rolls
2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup onion, diced
6 oz cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter, softened
3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* In small bowl combine softened cream cheese and softened butter. Must be very soft so they blend together
* In a large bowl combine all chicken, onion, and 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* Add cream cheese butter mixture and mayo. Mix should not be dry, if it is add more mayo. and mix all ingredients until mixed welll
* Unroll crescent rolls and preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13 pan (I used PAM cooking spray)
* Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto each crescent roll, flatten just a little to make rolling easy and roll each triangle starting with the bigger end
* Place each crescent roll seam side down and wet the tops with a little water or egg wash. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup cheese on top
* Bake for 30 minutes or until crescent roll dough is cooked (will start to brown on sides)
* After rolls are done sprinkle remaining cheese on top and serve once melted
* Most important of all, enjoy!
These were such a hit! Everyone had seconds and my father in law even had thirds! I served them with a side of mashed potatoes, but you could serve with vegetables or any other side. If you look at the original recipe you will see I omitted the entire beginning involving the soup part. This is because I figured the soup would make everything soggy. The recipe I provided you yielded very nice, perfectly cooked rolls that came out of the pan beautifully and were absolutely delicious.